- Place mixed fruit, sherry, peeled and grated apple, golden syrup, sugar and beaten eggs in a bowl
and mix well.
- Add sifted flours and mixed spice mix in thoroughly.
- Place in a deep 2cm round or
square tin lined with baking paper, take paper up above edge of tin. I put almonds on top.
- Bake in a slow oven for 2 1/2 - 3hrs or until cooked when tested.
- Remove from oven, brush evenly
with about 2 tablespoons of extra sherry cover tightly with foil and leave until cold.
- Remove from tin,
leaving lining paper in place, cover with plastic wrap.
- Keep in the refrigerator up till 6 months.
SHIRLEY No 63