- Cook the rice in a big saucepan for 15 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain.
- Beat the eggs slightly with salt, pepper, onion salt, Chinese spice, or whatever takes your fancy.
- Pour beaten eggs into a lightly-oiled frypan, and cook as if an omelette.
- Remove cooked eggs, chopping up with the egg-flip or a knife.
- In the frypan, cook the bacon and onion.
- Wipe out the big saucepan -- into it place the cooked rice and all other ingredients. The amount of soy sauce you
use will depend on your preferences, so go easy to start with.
- Reheat everything, stirring constantly to avoid the
food sticking to the saucepan.
- You can keep this in a casserole dish, then serve hot, sprinkling with more chopped chives.